Friday, June 7, 2013

PANDORA'S BOX

Happy Friday lovelies!  It is raining cats and dogs here today so I didn't have any opportunities to take photos.  I thought this would be a good time for me to do a review on Pandora bracelets.


If you are not familiar with Pandora, they are most well known for their modern take on the charm bracelet (although they have other jewelry such as earrings, necklaces, and rings).  Instead of the traditional dangle style, Pandora charms are beads that slide on to their bracelets (brilliant!).

I will review their basic bracelet today.  It comes in gold, silver, oxidized silver, and two-toned (pictured below).  Each bracelet has a barrel clasp and two threading sections dividing the bracelet into three equal parts.  This feature is probably what I love most about their bracelets compared to similar bracelets offered by other companies.  I hate when all the charms slide to one side so this helps balance the look.
The beads come in a variety of different sizes with different functions.
  • Clips - they open up and clip on to the threading part of the bracelet sectioning off the bracelet into different parts (can be used as a regular bead as well)
  • Charms - regular beads that will slide on to the bracelet (comes in silver, gold, two-toned, glass, gemstones, pearl and wood, regular and XL sizes)
  • Spacers - they are smaller in width compared to a normal bead so they are good when you have a small space to fill or just want to break up the look
  • Safety chains - attaches to the two ends of your bracelet to prevent loss if the clasp opens up by accident


I love looking at all the charms and I'm always impressed by how they can make such great designs when they are limited to the shape of a bead.  I also love the freedom to change up the look of the bracelet at any time since the beads just slide on and off.  You can match your bracelet to any outfit you have on since their glass beads come in just about every color.

They have a cool bracelet design tool on their website so you can see how the charms will look on the bracelet and next to each other.  This is extremely useful if you can't make it to the store or don't have one close by (Pandora is also sold at some boutique stores and retailers such as Nordstrom).

The only downside is once you start adding more beads to the bracelet, it will start to feel heavy since all the charms are solid (not hollow).  I would also recommend trying on the bracelet in the store so the sales rep can help you with the sizing based on the types and number of charms you plan to put on it.  I have two different lengths just for this reason.



Here is my bracelet that you've seen me wear in multiple posts.  It is so great layered with other bracelets but just as beautiful worn on its own.  The charms (especially the XL size) also work great for necklaces.  Just put one or two on and you're ready to go!


I just saw that Pandora came out with a new bangle style bracelet!  I am loving them and can't wait to get one!  What do you think about this new style?

Thanks for reading!  xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Gosh :O
    Amazing bracelets <3
    Khanak
    www.keepingupwithkhanak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing!

    xx Mounia
    www.nonchalantrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily, Pandora is one brand we do get here in SA, their pieces are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always wanted to get these lovely bracelets!

    http://golovelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pandora! I tried to give mine a blue-ish tone (only silver and blue charms!)
    I'm seriously considering to get their new bangle bracelet :)

    Great review!
    www.mykindofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pandora is really big over here, but I've never really gotten into the whole thing.

    I hope the rain stops soon!

    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    Bracelets are the perfect, easy accessory!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bracelets, I never heard of Pandora (other then the radio station app) but I have to check them out!
    Really enjoyed this post and I'm now following you. Can't and wait to read future post :)
    xoxo
    -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. super nice :))) I LIKE IT:)
    kisses from Poland
    http://carolineepe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really nice review on Pandora! Now I want to get one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My friend has it. It looks so lovely! I love that you can add the beads by yourself, and they have different ones for different occasions. So the bracelet is kind os a reminder of all great things in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. followed back on Facebook too!

    New post on my blog…let me know what u think about it!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/2013/06/today-i-was-browsing-one-of-my-favorite.html
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi dear!! those are beautiful bracelets, love them!
    http://missantbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these incredibly cute boho bracelets!! So so perfect to add a stunning touch to any outfit!!

    Love,
    (='.'=)
    Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the jacket.
    http://catswalldrobe.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete