Monday, March 31, 2014

CASUAL CHIC





Top: Robert Rodriguez (old) | Blazer: Zara | Jeans: Genetic (similar here) | Bracelet: David Yurman | Ring: David Yurman | Necklace: Trollbeads | Shoes: Chanel | Bag: Chanel | Sunglasses: Armani

Happy Monday loves!  Hope you had a wonderful and exciting weekend.  It rained here non stop for two days but the weather finally made a turn for the better today.  The sun was out and it's starting to feel like Spring!

My New York weekend was a lot of fun.  We stayed in Times Square and the view from our room was insane.  We could see the whole city from our window.  We strolled through the city and casually wandered up and down 5th Avenue and did some shopping (mostly window shopping).  Then we stopped by Magnolia Bakery and Laduree for some sweet indulgences.  If you haven't tried Laduree macarons, I would highly recommend it.  Then we ended the day with a beautiful walk through Central Park.  In the evening, we had a delicious dinner at Hakkasan which has an Asian fusion style cuisine with a laid back yet contemporary ambiance.  We ended the night by going out dancing in the Meatpacking district.  Check out my Instagram for photos of my trip.

Lately I've been really into more casual looks with an element of chicness to it.  I'm all about comfort these days and my Chanel espadrilles fit the bill perfectly.  I can't say enough about how comfortable and stylish they are.  I kept it simple with some jeans and a loose top.  I think a blazer or jacket can instantly dress up an outfit and it's usually what I go to when I want to be casual but appear dressed up at the same time.

Thanks for reading and have an amazingly awesome week!  xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Yeah Laduree is my favourite macaroon place too :) . Chanel espadrilles look so comfy, its just the price holding me back a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your shoes <3
    xx

    http://katycolorfulfreak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing outfit! Looks so comfy and chic, love the colors too ;>>

    http://passionandunicorns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is ultimate chicness, love the tailored blazer and those amazingly fitted jeans, looks great! Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute look! love the shoes and that necklace is so pretty, not to mention your amazing handbag. very chic and casual at the same time.

    Kiki Simone
    http://kikisimonefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awsome and it seems like you're not even trying to :)

    http://mykindofjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning! I love love love your Chanel bag and flats!!! they the perfect combination to dress up a casual look as you said. I'm glad you had a good time in NYC! you should make a post about your trip ( I know I know it is all in instragram) but I would love to see even more :)
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my instagram! I miss blogging so much too! I've been trying to do my way back posting once a week, but I will be consistent this time! I promise :) nice comments like yours really warm up my heart!
    Thanks for sharing darling!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete